Glitter Diaries: Lately
| {With my favourite latté -- the pumpkin spice} |
I have been smiling a lot lately, anyway, so here are four things that have brought some glitter to my life since my last post:
FALL
I absolutely adore the Fall season and no, I do not like it over the other seasons because my favourite Starbucks latté flavours are only available when the leaves are changing... I love Fall for the crisp air that allows for wearing big sweaters, comfy scarves, and riding boots. Fall, for me, is all about the pumpkin spice lattés everything, and memories of past Fall seasons as a child, frolicking through the gorgeously-coloured leaves that are afforded to Canada during this time. Fall also brings me back to when I lived in Hong Kong, and I am reminded of that deep longing to be home for Thanksgiving with my family. This year, I have so much to be thankful for -- my job (I love teaching Grade 3), my home (I got around to decorating it), my family (my grandma celebrated her 83rd birthday recently), my friends (with babies), and my husband (details of this tidbit will come in a future post), but even more than all of this, I am so grateful to be giving thanks in Canada, once again, this year.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
FRIENDS
WITH BABIES
(on the way)
I am thrilled that two of my close friends are going to be mothers very soon. I cannot believe that just two years ago, I was attending each of their bachelorettes and their weddings, and now, I am shopping at Babies 'R Us for their baby showers. It is incredible to know that these two wonderful people will be amazing and loving mothers to some very lucky children, and I could not be happier or more excited for this wonderful time in their lives.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
OTTAWA
A visit home to Ottawa always brings so much joy since it truly is my home. The weird part about my visit recently was that at my friend's baby shower, the people at my table had mentioned something about the amount of "out-of-towners" attending to which I responded with, "I agree! There seem to be so many!" Of course, I was not counting myself as an out-of-towner, but someone was quick point out the fact that I, indeed, was one of them. After nearly two years away from Ottawa, I still cannot bring myself to think of it as anything but "home". No matter what, it will be always be one of the things that bring glitter to my life.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
My everyday reminder of how lucky I am. How can we not believe in a higher power when beauty such as this exists in the world?




0 comments: