Beauty Diaries: New 'Do
My hair is something that I have been obsessed with since a very young age. My own Papa O claims that even as a baby, I wouldn't allow him to touch my head, even though he was only doing so affectionately when he came home from work every evening. I have been through many haircuts over the course of my 27-year life, and even had that awkward phase where 8-year old me was trying to grow out my bangs (I parted them in the middle and kept them out of my face with these hair clips).
For over a decade, I had the same long-layered cut, by the same person (an old family friend who is also a hairdresser has been cutting my hair since my teens). In my early 20's, I decided to colour my hair. After years of highlights and money being spent every three months to maintain the colour, I went back to my roots (literally) in Fall 2013. In May 2014, I decided to bring back a little colour into my life with a new trend that had begun to pop up: the balayage technique which allowed for highlights that were similar to the ombré style, but way more subtle and natural-looking. Bonus: my roots were basically untouched, and the colour blended so well with my natural colour which meant for easier and less frequent maintenance!
Since moving to Toronto, I have only been to one salon. It's in my personality to not only be very averse to trying new places, but also, I am a loyal customer. Once I've been somewhere, and I am satisfied with the work, they'll have my support and patronage for life. Civello Salon and Spa (an Aveda salon) has been amazing throughout my hair transformations from very light to back to my dark roots, and then from dark to lighter, and I would never imagine going anywhere else now for my colour. Below, you'll see in the first photo, my existing hair colour from a session in May 2014, and length from 5 months after my last cut, while in the remaining photos you will see my new short 'do and fresh highlights!
![]() |
| {I had collarbone length hair in September 2014 when I got it cut, and here it is last week before the big transformation} |
![]() |
| {Pictured with my handsome husband, D, after a fresh (and shorter than expected) haircut} |
![]() |
| {Amazing colour added to my tresses by Civello Queen Street West} |








Looks fantastic!!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Kimiko! I wish I had the face shape for your hair. It looks amazing!
ReplyDelete