Travel Diaries: #GlitterInEurope | I'm Going to Brussels!

Thursday, May 19, 2016 Ivy O 1 Comments

It looks like #GlitterInEurope will be a hashtag that I'll be using much sooner than expected because...

I AM GOING TO BRUSSELS THIS MONTH!

I've won a few contests over the past 3 years, thanks to Instagram, and this time, I hit the jackpot. The first time I ever entered and won a contest hosted on Instagram was in 2013 when I won an Apple TV. The next time I won anything was not until late 2014 when I won $1000 worth of make-up from Benefit Cosmetics. Within a few months of winning that amazing prize which I am still making use of, to this day, I won another prize hosted by Benefit Canada and Coco & Cowe that included confectionary, make-up, jewellery and clothes. In March 2015, I won tickets to see Soia & Kyo's fall/winter collection at Toronto Fashion Week. In the fall of 2015, I won a $500 shopping spree from Dynamite. Recently, I entered and won (see the screenshot I included, below), the biggest prize I have ever received -- two round-trip tickets from Toronto to Brussels, Belgium, care of Brussels Airlines.

I saw the contest on Facebook during my usual absent-minded scrolling through my News Feed, and happened to see the video posted by Brussels Airlines. I then went to Instagram and posted a series of photos with the hashtag #TorontoMeetBrussels, as entries for the contest, not expecting to even win. Who would have thought that a joke photo of some adorable and funny souvenirs (see below) that I took while perusing St. Lawrence Market one weekend would win me such an incredible prize!?

I have no details yet about when I will be going, but I know that it needs to take place before the end of the month (I have to be back in Toronto by May 31st). I am taking my husband, D, an American who has never been to another country, other than Canada, let alone travelling to completely different continent, on the other side of the Atlantic Ocean! It will also be my very first time in Europe, so ultimately, this trip is a pretty ginormous one for the both of us! Once I know more, I will post an update. For now, I am just celebrating what a once-in-a-lifetime experience this is going to be!

1 comment :

  1. Yay! So exciting! Honestly you win so many amazing contests - just goes to show, if you don't "buy the ticket" you never Win!

    ReplyDelete

© 2018 finding the glitter. No part of this blog may be reproduced without prior written consent. Powered by Blogger.