Travel Diaries: #GlitterInEurope | Tentative Itinerary

Wednesday, May 04, 2016 Ivy O 1 Comments

All pictures used in this post are from interfacelift.com
I have been busily researching, preparing, booking and working with my friend S on my upcoming trip to Europe this summer. I am honestly so blessed and thankful to have her host me in Belgium, and for her to use her precious vacation time to travel around the continent with me for two weeks. We are luckily very organised people, and our mutual love for travelling, as well as our similar preferences (we are both pretty high maintenance girls) have made it all that much easier to plan. Below, I am sharing what we have managed to accomplish so far, and what still needs to be done. We are considering this our tentative itinerary as there is still at least half of the trip's details (or more) that still need research, deciding, payment and confirming. 

I have included the days and their breakdowns, and most of the costs of different aspects of each trip to the countries that we will be in (Belgium, France, Ireland, and the Netherlands), such as the cost of transportation, accommodations, tours, etc. where I could. If you are planning your own trip to Europe, and are reading this, I hope that what I share will be somewhat useful to you, too! I will post more specific itineraries later on for each individual country that we will be visiting as S and I are finalise more and more of our travels.

Read about my first post where I outline our tentative 3-day, 2-night (abbreviated) itinerary in Paris here.
Use the hashtag #GlitterInEurope to see pictures on Instagram of my trip to Europe this summer.

LEGEND
[     ] = dates spent away from Belgium
[     ] = paid and/or confirmed
[     = requires action

DAYS 1 and 2
- Arrive in Brussels in the AM on Day 1 (eat, settle, sleep, etc.)
- Stay in Brussels area on Day 2
Stella Artois Brewery Tour (8,50 EUR/person) -- book tickets 3 weeks ahead of chosen tour date)
DAYS 3, 4, and 5 (PARIS, FRANCE)
Thalys Train tickets = 116,00 EUR total, PAID/CONFIRMED by me
Accommodations = $330 CAD total for a 2-night stay, 2 guests,  PAID/CONFIRMED by me
Bike tour = PAID/CONFIRMED by S
Versailles = will be booked

DAY 6
- Open schedule for exploring Brussels

DAY 7
- Brugges (free walking day tour)
- Ghent (if possible)
travelling by rental car = confirmed / not yet paid by S

DAY 8
Flower Carpet event in Brussels = tickets PAID/CONFIRMED (5 EUR/person) by S
DAYS 8, 9 AND 10 (DUBLIN / CLIFFS OF MOHER, IRELAND) 
- Flights on RyanAir = 132,56 EUR total for both PAID/CONFIRMED by me
Accommodations = $360.30 CAD total for 2-night stay, 2 guests, PAID/CONFIRMED by me
Day Tour to Cliffs of Moher (40-50 EUR/person) on Day 9 = will be booked by S
possible day tour by bus around Dublin (Hop On, Hop Off)
possible tour of Guinness Storehouse
DAYS 11, 12, 13, AND 14 (AMSTERDAM, NETHERLANDS)
- trip = TBD
waiting on confirmation of accommodations/dates/availability from a relative that S has in Amsterdam who might be letting us stay at one of his properties
- transportation will be by bus at about 40 EUR/person because research on Thalys trains and flights were over budget at (at least) 100+ EUR/person

DAY 15
- departure from Brussels in the AM

1 comment :

  1. Sounds like an amazing trip! You are going to have so much fun :)

    ReplyDelete

© 2018 finding the glitter. No part of this blog may be reproduced without prior written consent. Powered by Blogger.