Glitter Diaries: The Return
My last post on finding the glitter was published on June 15th, 2016, and started off with a reference to my month-long hiatus. Unfortunately, I never really picked back up on my blogging after wrapping up the musical and finishing the school year. The only explanation I have for the year-long break from blogging is simply this: life; life got in the way and I needed to step away to put the focus back on me. I first began this blog with the purpose of having an outlet where I could share everything that I was passionate about, a part of my life that I wanted so much to embrace but, due to expectations and limits that were self-imposed, it started to feel like more of a burden and a chore than it was fun.
This past year has had its ups and downs, the very high being my most incredible, magical and memorable trip to Europe and the very lowest points having to do with the personal and professional aspects of my life. As a result, I put my blog on hold until I was ready to come back to it.
There are so many missed posts that I hope to write but with my triumphant (hopefully) return to the blogging world, I vowed not to self-impose deadlines and force myself to come up with specific content posts that will once again turn my blog into something that is a source of stress and anxiety like it was starting to become last year. Instead, I am going to post when I feel that I want to share something that is important and/or relevant in my life, such as my upcoming wedding (finally!) to D.
After years of being long distance which was hard on our relationship, D finally landed as a Canadian Permanent Resident in August 2016, just in time, before our neighbours to the south voted a certain businessman into power who is, so far, not making America great again (not that we ever thought he could since America is already great). On top of D being able to live and work here so we could finally be together in Canada, I was blessed enough to experience the most amazing adventures in Europe when I visited Brussels, Paris, Dublin, and London, and I am thrilled to be the Maid of Honour for my best friend of 20+ years at her wedding! My work life will be significantly improved come September 2017 (something I will blog about in detail in the near future), and I also look forward to finally being able to draft and publish my travel posts as it will be a chance for me to reminisce and look through the many photos that I snapped while abroad in Europe.
Until my next post which will involve one of the above topics, I would just like to leave some photos to illustrate what has been bringing glitter to my life as of late.
For those who do not understand my use of the word "glitter", especially if this is the first time that you have come upon my blog, please read this.
(Photo by @wishtree_invites)





0 comments: