Beauty Diaries: Glamour Curl
A few weeks back, I posted about a contest that I won and promised a future blog post about Benefit Cosmetics' latest offering in mascara: the Roller Lash. As I have mentioned previously on here, thick eyeliner has been my crutch for the past 12+ years.
Last year, when I arrived in the United States for a long weekend with my husband, D, and his family, without eyeliner (I accidentally left it behind on my bathroom counter top), I promptly panicked and demanded that D take me to the nearest Walmart where I could pick up my (then) go-to liquid eyeliner, Maybelline's Stiletto. It was not until recently however that I felt comfortable enough to let go of this make-up trick that I had been using for so long to give the illusion that I had bigger eyes than what I was born with.
A friend of mine recently had laser eye surgery, and as a result, was not permitted to wear any eye make-up for a week following the procedure. She was born with stupidly long, thick and beautiful lashes to begin with so this stipulation did not alter her gorgeous, doe eyes in any way. She just played up her perfectly arched eyebrows, and used vibrant lip colours to compensate for the lack of drama on her eyes. Although she was self-conscious about not being able to wear any eye make-up, I thought she looked absolutely stunning which prompted me to embrace the eyeliner-less look a little more often.
Thanks to Benefit Cosmetics' Roller Lash, I have been able to do just that, all while still being able to avoid using the most dreaded make-up tool to have ever been invented: the eyelash curler. The amazing, 'instant curve-setting' formula and 'Hook 'n' Roll' brush eliminates all need for an eyelash curler, something that I have always avoided using in the past, anyway. However, the extra curl power from this latest mascara product from Benefit has given me the confidence to be able to head out in public with just mascara, blush, and lip gloss.
Below are some photos featuring the difference between me without mascara, and with, as well as some shots of my eyeliner-less look.











0 comments: