Glitter Diaries: World MasterCard Fashion Week Experience

Monday, March 30, 2015 Ivy O 2 Comments

I am not sure what it is with my luck on Instagram, but I won yet another contest! This time, I actually entered from my personal, private Instagram account as it did not require much; I just had to tag a friend I'd like to take with me below this post. I tagged my friend C who is also quite the fashionista (slash shopaholic), and an avid Instagram user (like me!) so she immediately saw my tag and in turn, tagged me. I completely missed the announcement of our win since it happened while I was flying from Washington, D.C., into Toronto, after spending my March Break with my husband and his family in the U.S. As soon I landed at Billy Bishop Airport, I flipped my phone off of airplane only to be bombarded with texts from my friend: "CHECK INSTAGRAM NOW!" "OMG! WE WON! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!" or something along those lines. 

Although it was such amazing news, it was unfortunately preceded by not-so-happy news of C's Nonna passing away after a long battle of cancer. This win was just what she needed, though, and a necessary boost, distraction, whatever you choose to call it, given a very difficult couple of weeks in the hospital with her entire family, and then finally laying her Nonna to rest.

The night was beyond amazing! I finally got to wear my jumpsuit, even though I froze my rear end off (what is up with the cold weather in late March?!), and got to take my new Cole Haan heels (now half off!) out for a little walk down the runway (well, the streets of downtown Toronto). 

C and I got to experience a ton of star treatment with the swag and free stuff that was being given out. On top of that, we had designated seating during the Soia & Kyo show as Designer Guests, and I am not going to lie -- there were tons of eye candy both on the runway as well as walking around the tents (Toronto -- you have good-looking people). It was such an exciting, and perfect night for us that could have only been made better if we had been able to stay all night. We left wishing that we were attending fashion week events every night for the rest of our lives. If only... *sigh*


2 comments :

  1. So much fun!! So glad you ladies were treated like royalty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was such an amazing experience, Kimiko! Hopefully there will be more opportunities like this one when the next fashion week event rolls into town :)

    ReplyDelete

© 2018 finding the glitter. No part of this blog may be reproduced without prior written consent. Powered by Blogger.