Teacher Diaries: Snow Day

Monday, February 02, 2015 Ivy O 0 Comments

For the first time in my (albeit short) teaching career, I took a personal "snow day". I woke up this morning at 6:45 a.m. and immediately began hearing about a severe winter storm warning for all of Toronto, and urges from the hosts of the morning radio show that I listen to, to proceed with caution if driving cannot be avoided today. Although I do not own a car, taking Bailey, my "nephew", out for walk (I am dog-sitting my sister's bichon frisé this week) was enough to tell me that any attempt to go to work, even by public transit, would be futile. All school buses were cancelled today with my school board, but schools remain open (don't ask me why they won't close the schools either if it is too dangerous for school buses to be on the roads).

Thankfully, I have a lot of work to catch up on (teachers never really get a day off) so I will be kept busy on this snow day. Of course, I wish I could have a snow day where no work needs to be done, and it can be spent all day in my pj's with my best girlfriends, munching on junk food (supplemented by a nice bottle of wine, preferably a white zinfandel) while watching chick flicks, but it looks like I'll be spending the day with my favourite only canine nephew. 
{"What? What snow, Auntie? I'm having the best time!" -- things I think Bailey wants to say}
{It's snuggles, all day, with this little guy}
{My sister's view this week, which she thoughtfully decided to share with me}
{Definitely NOT what a teacher's Snow Day is like, but a good (and very inappropriate) spoof by SNL that a friend shared with me}


UPDATE: The storm has finally cleared.

0 comments:

© 2018 finding the glitter. No part of this blog may be reproduced without prior written consent. Powered by Blogger.