Style Diaries: "Boyfriend" Everything
The concept of "Casual Friday" was one that I have always struggled with. How casual is "too casual", and is there a way to do it while still looking put together? I've been told by many friends and family over the years that my idea of "casual" is still too dressed up in their books, but I've been raised to never leave the house looking like I just woke up, and rolled out of bed. To avoid going to work in clothes that I would deem "meant to be worn in front of no one, ever", I absolutely adore the "boyfriend" look. It does have that I "sort of just woke up, and rolled out of bed" look, but with the added "I also threw on my boyfriend's sexy clothes" part. Of course, none of the pieces featured in my outfit actually belong to my husband, thanks to Forever 21 (old, navy blazer, similar here and here) , J. Crew (vintage cotton tee), and Gap (old "boyfriend fit" jeans, similar here). This look, I can tolerate, and actually, I secretly kind of love it! Comfort, while looking put together, and staying on the casual side -- this outfit hits all the points of Casual Friday that we should try to meet.




0 comments: