Glitter Diaries: Easter Long Weekend in Toronto
This past Easter long weekend was spent with my parents who were in town from Ottawa, and with my sister. Saturday was a productive day with my sister at the St. Lawrence Market eating amazing food from Buster's Sea Cove. I had steamed mussels in a tomato wine sauce while my sister had clam strips and chips. After our delicious lunch, we walked around the market centre where I picked out a pot of pink tulips, bought the most adorable microwave cover, and picked up some groceries. The variety of items available and where they came from were just incredible. We were able to get some freshly baked french bread, foie gras that came from Quebec, honey imported from New Zealand, and homegrown, organic veggies.
The first time my sister had ever been to St. Lawrence Market was when I suggested it to her two years ago, and now, she braves the crowds and the weekend traffic at least once every 2-3 months to enjoy the amazingly fresh seafood at Buster's Sea Cove, my favourite place to go for seafood fast food.
TIP: If you drive south on Jarvis from Front St. East, there is an underground parking garage on your left (look for the Global Pet Foods store) that charges just $8 for the entire day! This is where I always park whenever I am driving to this area.
It was nice for the both of us to venture downtown and enjoy what Toronto has to offer, including one of the latest places to open up here; Uncle Tetsu's! We obviously came away from that store with quite a few goodies (two cheesecakes, eight madeleines, and some ice cream).
TIP: If you are not a fan of line-ups, I suggest heading to Uncle Tetsu's early in the morning on a weekday. If weekends are your only availability, start lining up at 8:00 a.m. when they open to guarantee a shorter line-up (they close at 11:00 p.m.). Also, if you're willing to forego having the original cheesecake, you can almost always count on a much smaller line next door at the Matcha Café (open 10:00 a.m. until 9:00 p.m.) where you'll only be to get green tea variations of the cheesecake and madeleines. The wait time as posted by the store on their window is a 15-20 minute wait for every 12 cakes that are served.
As for the rest of the weekend, it was well spent with my family, and I couldn't have imagined spending it any other way.




0 comments: