Beauty Diaries: TIFF Glam

Sunday, October 04, 2015 Ivy O 0 Comments

 Diane Kruger at the TIFF showing of her film "Disorder"
Having an older sister definitely has some perks. Although some of my earliest childhood memories include my loving older sister locking me in the bathroom with the lights turned off (the switch was unfavourably located on the exterior and I was very afraid of the dark), tricking me into thinking a whole spoon of salt was sugar and feeding it to me once, telling me a glass of soy sauce was Coca-Cola (I indeed took  a huge gulp of it), and making me eat toothpaste after being convinced it was supposed to be mint gum in a tube. Unluckily for her, she had me for a very annoying and bratty little sister who turned her off of Disney's 'The Little Mermaid' permanently, and read her diary to my grandma (she had less than polite words to say about me in it) getting her in trouble on one of her birthdays. Nowadays, we are actually quite close, with life experiences and status finally closing the 7-year age gap between us.

Recently, my sister, being the amazing person that she is, was gifted with tickets to two Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF) premieres by one of her clients at the big brand-name jewellery store that she works at. She took her boyfriend to the first one, "High Rise", where she got to rub shoulders with actors such as Tom Hiddleston (known for his role as "Loki" in the Thor and Avenger movies), and for the second one, she took me as her date since it was a French film ("Disorder" starring Diane Kruger and Matthias Schoenaerts).

I don't have too many pictures of the night as both my sister and I were rushing in between getting home from work and heading downtown to Roy Thomson Hall for the film on time, but here are a few pictures of the make-up that I had done by a professional at my local Sephora. I told her that I wasn't a huge fan of shadows so we kept it very simple with dramatic black liner, ruby red lips (Le Marc lipstick by Marc Jacobs in Miss Scarlet # 208), and some lush lashes (I got the "plume" version).

It was the first time since 2006 (my senior prom) that I had worn false lashes on my eyes, and oh my goodness, my eyes watered all night! The lashes I bought were the Sephora luxe brand that retails for just over $20 in Canada ($17 in the U.S.) and can be used up to 30 times. The next time I plan on wearing them again will be for Halloween when I will attempt to look like one of the Disney princesses!

0 comments:

© 2018 finding the glitter. No part of this blog may be reproduced without prior written consent. Powered by Blogger.