Beauty Diaries: #MyJohnFrieda VoxBox | Influenster Review

Sunday, April 10, 2016 Ivy O 0 Comments

I am back with my official review of three products that were sent to me from Influenster to test and review. The products were:

John Frieda® Visibly Brighter™ In Shower Lightening Treatment
John Frieda® Visibly Brighter™ Subtle Lightening Shampoo
John Frieda® Visibly Brighter™ Subtle Lightening Conditioner

I'm going to be honest and admit that I have mixed feelings about the Visibly Brighter products that I received in my VoxBox. I didn't see a significant change in colour (after one use), and the in-shower lightening treatment smelled like it contained a lot of chemicals, similar to the smell of bleach in the products used when I'm in a salon to get my hair professionally coloured (it claims not to contain any peroxide). 

According to the product details on the Walmart website, it "Lightens only your natural brunette spectrum." My natural hair colour is pretty dark on the brunette spectrum which could be a reason why I didn't see a significant change in shade. 

For about just $10 per bottle (shampoo / conditioner, as well as the in-shower lightening treatment), it's worth a try, but because they are meant to lighten hair, I wouldn't recommend using it every time you shampoo. My hair doesn't look more damaged at all, but at the same time, I wouldn't necessarily classify it as being better, either. The reason why I am unsure of these products is because I have only used them once, and I personally believe it might be too soon to judge. I definitely do recommend buying them to try! I have a feeling that they will "enhance" or lighten hair differently, from person to person, depending on texture of hair, shade of brunette, and on frequency of use.

Below are photos of what my hair looks like after using the products, as well as my video review. 

I received these products complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes.
         

0 comments:

© 2018 finding the glitter. No part of this blog may be reproduced without prior written consent. Powered by Blogger.