Glitter Diaries: Living Room Facelift
With it being Spring, I was looking for a way to liven up my living room a bit after more than a year of the same colour scheme of grey, yellow and white. Ever since moving into my current place, I always lamented over the fact that I didn't spend the time to paint it the colour that I wanted (off-white, in the realm of a light grey). I cannot stand the ugly yellow shade that was chosen, and it makes it difficult for me to decorate! After perusing the local dollar store for a BBQ lighter (to be used for lighting my Bath and Body Works scented candles), I happened upon the prettiest prints. Curiosity got the best of me, and I unravelled the gorgeous patterned fabric that caught my eye in the first place and realized that it was a cushion cover for $3.00. There were exactly two of the blue and white cushion covers, and two of the flower patterned ones which were perfect for the number of cushions that I keep on my couch, so I left with the store with a BBQ lighter, and some new cushion covers! It was just what my living room needed -- some colour and a different colour scheme that better matched my HBC stripes fleece throw. I ended up spending way less money than actually buying brand new cushions, and I also solved the problem of not being to put my cushions into the washer because all I have to do now is remove the covers, and voila! The covers can straight into the wash with the rest of my laundry. Who knew that just $12 at the dollar store could make such a bright difference in my living room. I am one pretty happy person with the little facelift :)




0 comments: