Beauty Diaries: Instant Brow
My first ever eyebrow wax happened when I was 13, and in the 7th grade (circa 2001). I had been getting my hair cut at a salon in Ottawa's Chinatown for about a year, and each visit always included my hairstylist asking my mom if she could please wax my eyebrows. One day, on a typical visit for my usual "Rachel Green of Friends" layered cut, the question was asked again: "Can I please wax your daughter's eyebrows?" to which my mom finally agreed. It hurt like a bi... lot. I remember going home and thinking that I was better off with my big bushy, unkempt eyebrows semi-unibrow than dealing with the pain, redness, and swelling that occurred after the hairstylist was done with me. It was definitely a "Princess Mia of the Princess Diaries" kind of makeover moment for me in that salon!
I have never gotten my eyebrows waxed again, only threaded (which I recommend) but I've also butchered them since, with tweezers. I've been through the really skinny brows phase (so glad that is over), and naturally, I've always been at the thick phase. Lately, however, I've noticed that my brows have been thinning out so I searched for a solution. Thankfully, I kind of won a contest, and received $1000 worth of Benefit Cosmetics goodies back in November, which included one Instant Brow pencil (in Deep) that I've been using. First, I fill in the parts that I feel have thinned out, and then I go over my brows with the special blending spoolie that is attached to the other end of the pencil. One set-back I've encountered is that I do not own a sharpener for any type of make-up pencil, so I found myself in Sephora recently, just to pick this one up. However, the Instant Brow pencil has mostly been amazing since it has garnered a few compliments already from my make-up savvy friends. They've noticed the definition and fullness of my brows, as have I. Gone are the days of thin, over-tweezered, or patchy brows, and it is "Hello!" to my Beautiful Brows :)




0 comments: