Style Diaries: Thoughts on Plaid and Crop Tops

Monday, January 19, 2015 Ivy O 0 Comments

I have been watching Friends on Netflix lately, as have most Netflix subscribers while patiently awaiting the third season of House of Cards (or maybe it's just me?). Something that I've noticed while watching all of these seasons again is (1) Wow, I cannot believe how many jokes I must have missed as a kid/teenager (13 year-old me thought that "oral sex" was just talking about sex), and (2) the fashion trends that were once prevalent in the 90's have definitely made a comeback. Take the photo of Jennifer Aniston's Rachel Green, for instance -- she is in plaid and a crop top, both trends that we see on today's fashionistas. I have fallen for the plaid trend in oversized blanket scarf format (I would definitely need a flatter stomach for crop tops), but it is phenomenal to be able to see these trends that were popular 20 years ago, become popular again today; just a thought. Now back to Friends on Netflix!

By the way, if any of my readers are interested in actually channeling their inner Rachel Green, this post put together by looksthatthrill actually points you to some fashion trends sported on Friends 20 years ago that can be easily recreated today!

0 comments:

© 2018 finding the glitter. No part of this blog may be reproduced without prior written consent. Powered by Blogger.