Beauty Diaries: The French Mani
Those that know me are privy to the fact that I spend a lot of time on my nails. They have not been worn bare for nearly 5 years, now, and I know that I need to enjoy this fact before the inevitable reality of children for me and my husband which would result in all of my time and energy being re-focused from my nails to being a full-time mom (we're a few years off from becoming parents). After a few weeks of the glitter gradient look, I decided to go back to something simple: the French Mani.
I first tried the French mani on myself last summer after seeing how much I was paying at the salon for this beautiful, classic look. I thought to myself, if I just invest in a bottle of true white polish, I could save $35 + tip for each visit, and do it at home myself, which is exactly what I did.
For this look, I used: one coat of OPI's natural base coat, two coats of OPI's Bubble Bath, and two coats of Essie's Marshmallow for the white tips. For the finishing touch, I went over my French mani with my new best friend, Seche Vite, which always leaves my nails with the most amazing, glossy sheen, and took almost no time to dry :)
I've had friends and coworkers ask me how I was able to achieve such clean lines for my DIY French mani. The truth is, it just took a lot of practice, patience and a very steady hand! Since mastering the French mani, OPI's Bubble Bath and Essie's Marshmallow are colours that I keep separately from the rest of polishes as my "go-to kit" for when I'm feeling the need for a classy look.




0 comments: