Glitter Diaries: Two Thousand Fourteen

Friday, January 02, 2015 Ivy O 0 Comments

I have been away from "home" (I have a hard time calling Toronto home, still) since December 22nd, and did not get a chance to prepare a "Year in Review" post before I was off to spend some much needed time with my husband and both our families stateside and in Ottawa, but it is never too late to appreciate a wonderful year :)

I rang in 2014 with a joyous and exciting event as my then-boyfriend (now my husband), David, was moving in with me when we thought that he had finally secured a work visa and a full-time job here in Canada. It was too good to be true, however, and we shared a very teary-eyed "see you soon" in March when the job offer fell through. In June, I was able to check off my first official year of teaching, and then, in July, while celebrating our one-year anniversary of dating in Baltimore, the love of my life asked me to marry him. My year has been filled with mostly ups, some that may never be topped, and I couldn't have asked for more incredible people to have experienced these memorable moments with me. The start of 2014 was such a juxtaposition to how I began 2013 which was spent crying my entire flight from Ottawa to Hong Kong on December 31st, 2012, with my ex-fiancé, because I knew that I was sitting next to someone who didn't love me and would break my heart over and over again if I stayed with him. Now, I am married, and in love with the most wonderful man; someone who loves me unconditionally and will forever be part of every happy start to a new year :)

Looking back on twenty-fourteen, it is difficult for me to fathom how much happiness can be experienced in just 365 days, but below is the photographic proof.

Happy New Year, lovelies! xx

--Ivy
 

0 comments:

© 2018 finding the glitter. No part of this blog may be reproduced without prior written consent. Powered by Blogger.