Glitter Diaries: Valentine's Day Surprise

Saturday, February 13, 2016 Ivy O 1 Comments

Background image via
This past week was a short one but probably one of the busiest weeks I've had. When I said that report cards sneak up on you in this post (see number 17), I wasn't kidding! It's been a tougher year, more difficult than usual for me, and I found myself having a hard time finishing up my report cards on time. Friday, February 5th, D came to visit me after not seeing each other since December 31st, 2015. His visit was supposed to be our Lunar New Year and Valentine's Day celebrations, all in one, but on Friday, there I was, still sitting in my classroom on my work laptop at 6:30 p.m., typing away, rushing to finish my report cards. My intention was, of course, to avoid bringing work home so that I could dedicate my entire weekend to spending time with D. 

Unbeknownst to me, D, who had arrived at around 8:15 a.m., and with whom I had brunch with briefly during one of my longer breaks that morning, had been planning a surprise for me all afternoon. He thought I was going to be home around 4:00 p.m. and had finished setting up the surprise by 3:00 p.m.

Let's just say not everything went according to plan, and I didn't arrive home until after 7:00 p.m. (report cards were completed, though -- YAY!) to this...
This was what I walked in to see when I opened the door, following the note that I found outside (see below -- there is a coffee stain because I spilled my cup of coffee onto it after getting over the initial shock).
There were more notes and surprises... Such as a Starbucks gift card, an Aritzia gift card, and DVDs.
And then the final surprise... was foiled by my tardiness since I opened the door to a sleeping D, and the bouquet of roses that he was supposed to present to me on the tv stand in my room (no pictures of sleeping D).


1 comment :

  1. Aww so sweet!!! Its okay, life happens sometimes, the gesture is the best!

    ReplyDelete

© 2018 finding the glitter. No part of this blog may be reproduced without prior written consent. Powered by Blogger.