Style Diaries: Fabletics Workout Wear
A dear blogger friend of mine, and Assistant Editor for Holl and Lane Magazine (Kimiko Mainprize) recently posted about her 30 Days of Yoga Challenge which featured the most fabulous workout wear from Fabletics. Fabletics is a company co-founded by Kate Hudson that sells fitness apparel via an online store that is member-based (same company as Just Fab which sells shoes, purses, etc.) where you must pay a monthly subscription to be a member.
I ended up commenting on it, asking about her experience with Fabletics, and she so graciously messaged me with the most informational replies to my endless questions. I signed up for the VIP Membership Program to get access to the $25 outfit offer before reading up on how it works, and before reading all of Kimiko's messages. After going through with my order (which was this outfit) and paying just over $60 CAD, I then learned more.
What I Learned from my Experience:
1. (According to Kimiko and the website) The VIP Membership Program is a monthly subscription of $49.95 that apparently can be skipped over by simply choosing "Skip the Month" by the 5th of each new month, and there is no limit to the number of times you can skip a month.
2. Your first ever outfit as a VIP Member is automatically 50% off.
3. All prices are in USD (for Canadians -- don't buy anything when our dollar is low).
4. There is a shipping fee.
5. They ship quite quickly (within a week, less than 2 weeks for sure).
6. The tracking number didn't work for me.
7. The workout wear is pretty gorgeous and comfortable (in my personal opinion).
8. To cancel your membership, you must call the number listed for the Member Services team.
After receiving my order within a week (give or take a few days), and wearing it to one of my Mary Poppins' rehearsals, I was in love, and am looking forward to seeing the new outfits each month.
I have yet to cancel or "Skip the Month" but Kimiko has told me that cancelling should be "hassle-free". I have since read some articles that lead me to think otherwise, but until I experience having/wanting to cancel my membership first-hand, I will hold judgement. In the meantime, these are two articles that have altered my view of Fabletics -- this one from Buzzfeed, and this second one from the Huffington Post, and are making me wary of attempting to cancel. I will definitely be posting an update post once I get a chance to choose to either "Skip the Month" or to cancel outright.
Below are photos of how the outfit looked on me. The sports bra featured in this post was a separate, in-store purchase from Aeropostale, on sale for $14 when I bought it.





Oh man! Now I'm nervous....
ReplyDelete