Style Diaries: Hair Did
A little history of my hair colouring experience:
I've been colouring my hair since 2010, my first foray into the world of hair dye being a complete disaster (I went to see a family friend's parent, got a "deal" and came out with streaks in my tresses the colour of a troll doll's hair). After that experience, I went in search of an actual salon, but because I had a budget to mind, I again made a rookie move and went somewhere that had a "deal". I wanted my colour "corrected" and instead of getting the highlights that I so coveted, the hair stylist dyed my hair so black, that it looked blue in the sun... in the sun! Every time I washed my hair after that second disastrous experience, there was blue foam from shampooing my hair, and the dye kept running in the tub, down the drain. I didn't believe in the saying, "Third time's a charm", until I made a final appointment to get my hair colour corrected, and went to Fernando Cellini, a boutique salon near the Byward Market in Ottawa. There was no deal this time. I paid nearly $200 for it, but for the first time since attempting to colour my hair, I got what I paid for: gorgeous highlights. I was a loyal customer to Fernando Cellini for years until I moved to Toronto and found Civello Salon (the Queen Street location, to be exact) and I have been seeing them for three years now, including last year's 'do around my birthday. I have never been disappointed by their salon, the stylists, and their incredible customer service.
Highlights of my experience at Civello (other than the ones in my hair, obviously) are:
1. They greet you right away with an offer of something to drink (they make a pretty good caffeinated beverage of your choice, or you can choose nice, fresh fruit juice).
2. The stylist always does a quick consult with you first, to clarify what you want to have done (bringing pictures is recommended).
3. After the hair is coloured, you get a lovely neck and shoulder massage with your choice of one of their essential oils.
4. There is a plethora of magazines for you to peruse, and there is free wifi for customers so there is plenty to do while you wait for that timer to go off.
5. At the wash station, you get the most incredible head massage (this always my most favourite part).
6. A blowout/style is always included in the package when you colour your hair (most salons will charge $40 to style your hair) and I come out looking like a movie star, each time.
Check out my history in hair colouring in pictures below!
Photo of my original hair colour, circa Summer 2010 in Kingston, Ontario.
The two above photos show my troll orange streaks.
The highlights I was looking for, and got from Fernando Cellini, with some remnants of the orange. And below, showing off the results of my most recent hair appointment at my new salon, Civello.




So natural and chic!! I may have to check them out! I'm pretty loyal to getting my hair cut in Barrie (where my parents live) because once I started going to this one woman, Bobbi, I have never had a better haircut. I spent $90 at a salon on queen west and she cut one side of my hair shorter than the other... not on purpose!
ReplyDelete