Style Diaries: One Outfit, Two Occasions (Canada D'Eh Edition)
(Aritzia blouse, Zara bottoms, old scarf, Bobbi Brown's creamy matte lip colour in 'Red Carpet')
I am Canadian, born and raised, and I could not be more proud of this fact. Although I have experienced challenges to my claim as a 'true' Canadian, I look at just how lucky I am to have grown up in a country who has given so much to my parents, refugees of Vietnam. They were welcomed with open arms, and my parents have never looked back. My sister and I have had a rich upbringing thanks to my parents as well as the rights freedoms that we were afforded just by being citizens of this great and beautiful country. As a teacher, I hope that I am doing my part to give back to the country that has already done so much for my family, et je suis fière que je suis capable de le faire en français.
Here is my 'Canada D'Eh' edition of an outfit that I plan to use both today on Canada's 148th birthday, as well as on the 4th of July when I will be stateside to celebrate America's independence with my husband D and his family. Stay tuned for how I 'Americanise' this outfit on my next post scheduled for the 4th of July.
Happy Canada Day, everyone!




0 comments: