Style Diaries: Oak + Stripes
As I have mentioned numerous times on this blog, I am quite fond of Aritzia (read my posts featuring its pieces here, here, here, here, and here), so much so that most of the ladies who work at my local store know me by name. I didn't realise how special I was to them as a client until one of the sweet associates actually shared some awesome news with me when I was there earlier this week; she is expecting and already at 16 weeks! She even showed me her burgeoning baby bump, and I could not be more ecstatic and touched that she felt we were close enough to share her wonderful news with me. I was near tears (of happiness, of course) for the associate, and gave her a big, congratulatory bear hug.
Those of you who are also big fans of this Canadian retail clothing store would have been aware of (and perhaps were also invited to) their secret Clientèle sale recently. I have received an invitation for the past 4 years in a row, and could not pass up the sale this year either. (FYI - the Clientèle sale is something that is only available to top-tier customers *cough cough* people who spend a lot of money at Aritzia. Clientèle guests get access to discounts that are not open to the general public.)
I've gotten some amazing and versatile pieces for my wardrobe during this sale that will most likely be featured in future 'Style Diaries' posts, and if they're anything like the rest of my clothes from this store, I will have them for years to come. Featured in this particular post is an outfit that I see myself wearing on the plane for a few future trips (L.A. with D, and possibly Las Vegas in August with my sister and mother), or even on a lovely day out and about in the city this summer because of how feathery light, breathable and boho chic(ish) it is.
(My own little tribute to the most phenomenal news from our neighbours South of the border. Congratulations, America! Love wins. Always.)




I just can't bring myself to spend money at that store because everything's so expensive. I want to SO badly, but I usually feel so guilty. Jealous that you were able to have access to such a sweet sale ;)
ReplyDeleteLove your scarf :)
Aw, thank you, Kelly! Not going to lie, a few times now, I have left that store with major buyer's remorse, but then when I found myself reaching for those items months, sometimes years later, I don't feel so bad :P Sometimes they have amazing sales! I once got a $225 blazer for $60 which was a steal. It's worth checking out when they have their 'Snooze, you lose' sales :)
ReplyDelete