Beauty Diaries: Black and Rose Gold

Saturday, November 21, 2015 Ivy O 0 Comments

With Christmas around the corner (okay, so it's still a month and 4 days away), I wanted to give my OPI Glitter Off Natural Base Coat a test run before I really got into the holiday spirit with some DIY glittery, holiday manicures. I've paired black with rose gold before, but this time, I did a small variation where I did a glitter accent nail on my ring fingers, left it one single rose gold colour on my middle fingers, and did some nail art (with the help of some Scotch tape) on my index fingers. My pinkies and thumbs were one single colour: black.

What I did:
1. I applied one coat of OPI Natural Base Coat on all of my nails.
2. I applied one coat of OPI's Glitter Off Natural Base Coat on just my ring fingers.
3. I used Essie's 'licorice' on my thumbs, ring fingers and pinkies (two coats).
4. I used Essie's 'penny talk' on my index and middle fingers (two coats).
5. I used Essie's 'summit of style' (luxe effects) and applied it to only the tips of the nails on my ring fingers.
6. After I let my nails dry a bit, I used a piece of Scotch tape, cut it so that it had straight edges and taped it to my index fingers in a manner that covered the tips of nails leaving a triangular shape.
7. I carefully smoothed out any gaps or bubbles in the tape so that the next coat of nail polish that I was about to apply wouldn't be able to seep under.
8. I used Essie's 'licorice' again, but this time, to paint my index finger nails which were carefully taped.
9. I once again waited for the nail polish to dry a bit before peeling the tape off of the nails on my index fingers.
10. As a final step, I used Seche Vite top coat on all my nails.

And voilà! There you have it; some DIY black and rose gold nails! Now to see how well that glitter comes off in a week or so when I will be removing my nail polish...!

0 comments:

© 2018 finding the glitter. No part of this blog may be reproduced without prior written consent. Powered by Blogger.