Style Diaries: Splurge vs. Steal (The Quilted Puffer Vest)
I have been eyeing the quilted puffer vest from J.Crew Factory for a couple of years now and came really close to ordering it online back in October during a sale that brought it down to $86.00 USD. What stopped me from going through with the purchase was the fact that at check-out, I was looking at paying about $130 CAD (thanks to conversion rates, shipping and taxes) and I was foreseeing some buyer's remorse, especially since I had never even tried on the vest before. I abandoned it, and it was not until I was browsing my local Old Navy in an attempt to use up my $10 "Super Cash" that I came upon the 'look-alike' vest that I am wearing in this post. The second I saw it, and it was the last one in the store (in a size XS, to boot!) I snatched it up, ran for the fitting rooms, tried it on, and when the mirror's reflection showed off how fabulous it looked, there was no way I was leaving without it. Although it isn't exactly the same as the J.Crew Factory quilted puffer vest, at less than $30 CAD, it was a real steal and the perfect piece to pair with some Fall plaid!
J.Crew Quilted Vest for $100.00 USD
Similar here for $22.00 CAD






0 comments: