Beauty Diaries: Lip Treatment
| {OPI's 'Sorry I'm Fizzy Today' // Fresh Sugar Advanced Therapy Lip Treatment} |
Growing up, I have always had an issue with dry lips. Of course, there was a childhood/teenage obsession with Lip Smackers products (this one was my favourite), but having hypersensitive skin, and suffering from allergies made it difficult to use these products without major negative reactions. To emphasise this fact, I can't even change my brand of toothpaste (I'm a Crest girl) without my lips swelling. This is almost always followed by an appearance of a rash for which I do have medicated creams and ointments for, in order to control these flare-ups.
To offset the bad reactions that I get from using lip products such as my favourite lip balms like Maybelline's Baby Lips (I love 'Cherry Me' and 'Pink Punch') and matte lipsticks from MAC (I have 'Relentlessly Red', 'Pigeon Pink, and 'Flat Out Fabulous'), I use Fresh's Sugar Advanced Therapy Lip Treatment. After receiving a sample of Fresh's amazing lip products a few years ago as part of my Sephora birthday gift, they are now part of my regular beauty buys as I use them everyday. I utilise it as a supplement to my daily routine of applying Vaseline petroleum jelly after I've washed my face, morning and night. Smoothing on this fabulous lip treatment helps to lock in the moisture, making for the most perfect pout every day.




I'm never sure about Fresh as they are a bit expensive. I have some samples, which I liked... do you really think this is worth the $$?
ReplyDeleteI agree, Kimiko -- they are very pricey :( I guess with the amount of skin issues I have, if I don't pay a pretty penny for the lip products I use, then I'll forever be using medicated creams and ointments. It's a toss-up! I understand the hesitation, though. There are a lot of things out there that I do not believe are worth the money, but this product in particular, has worked well for me :)
ReplyDelete