Style Diaries: Je suis une enseignante
I may have mentioned a few times on here already that I am a grade school teacher at a French Immersion school in Toronto, but I probably have never mentioned that something a few colleagues and I love to do is to buy wardrobe to reflect our profession, almost like it is an inside joke amongst us. A friend of mine went on a teensy shopping spree recently at Forever 21 and picked up some tops that either said "Bonjour!" or had the Eiffel Tower on it.
A few pieces that I have on rotation in my own work wardrobe is this sweater, and the j.crew blouse pictured above and below. I paired the blouse with a light sweater (from Gap) to offset the cooler temperatures that we've been having, and sported my Classic Canterbury nato straps on my Daniel Wellington watch as a way to mimic the colours on France's flag (although these straps would have been more accurate).




So fun! You are your colleagues are hilarious.
ReplyDeleteI'm lucky to work with such a fun, and young group of teachers :)
ReplyDeleteHaha that's awesome. I love that you make fun out of your work wardrobe. It can be such a drag sometimes!
ReplyDelete