Glitter Diaries: Cherry Blossom Gazing

Monday, May 11, 2015 Ivy O 0 Comments

A bucket list item of mine was to witness the amazing beauty and smell of Sakura trees and their cherry blossoms. Although I missed out on being able to see them in full bloom in Washington, DC (of course the ultimate place to see them is in Japan, but until I win the lottery, unfortunately, I will not be visiting the land of ramen and sushi anytime soon), I was lucky enough to catch them at High Park in Toronto! D, being the super husband that he is, braved the traffic on Mother's Day and drove us to High Park this past Sunday. We arrived sometime around 10:00 a.m. and we were able to find some free parking on a side street. Thankfully, we beat the crowds and the rain which all began after noon. The hubby and I walked under the beautiful Sakura branches, took in the sights and smells of the stunning blooms, took some photographic memories, and snacked on poutine and soft serve ice cream. It was a wonderful day for cherry blossom gazing, and a great way to spend our morning together.

0 comments:

© 2018 finding the glitter. No part of this blog may be reproduced without prior written consent. Powered by Blogger.