Beauty Diaries: In this Skin (Part II)

Saturday, May 30, 2015 Ivy O 2 Comments

(continued from Part I)

Taking charge of my skin's health and maintaining its look is not cheap, but my skincare regimen is simple enough. On mornings when I am washing my hair in the shower (which is every three days -- thank you, Dove dry shampoo!), I will bother with a bit of face wash (I have been using this Neutrogena one for over a decade). On days where I get to sleep in a little more, just a clean facecloth (this is how often you should change/wash your towels) soaked in warm (not hot) water is good enough for me. My night time routine consists of a shower and first, the same face wash mentioned previously, this St. Ives exfoliating scrub, and this Lancôme face cream after I get out. I know it's not the night cream, but I have been using it for well over a decade, and works fine for me. That is it, that is all for my skin "care" regimen! In terms of make-up, I use this Lancôme moisturiser with SPF 30 every morning before I apply either this BB cream (Dr. Jart+), or this foundation from Benefit Cosmetics

For an even more detailed break down my morning and nighttime routines, see below.

Morning Routine
1. Clean facecloth soaked in warm water (when I get to sleep in) // Neutrogena Deep Clean cream cleanser (for mornings when I lose a bit of sleep to wash my hair)
2. Vaseline Petroleum jelly + Fresh Sugar Advanced Therapy Lip Treatment (that pout needs to be looked after, too!)
3. Lancôme Bienfait Multi-Vital SPF 30 Cream
4. Dr. Jart+ Premium BB Cream or Benefit Cosmetics Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow brightening make-up

Nighttime Routine
1. Lancôme Bi-Facil double-action Eye Makeup Remover (which I have also been using for well over a decade; I love my Lancôme!) 
2. Neutrogena Deep Clean cream cleanser
3. St. Ives Fresh Skin Exfoliating Apricot Scrub
4. Vaseline Petroleum jelly + Fresh Sugar Advanced Lip Therapy 
5. Lancôme Hydra Zen Neuocalm Day Cream (for normal to combination skin)

What do you do to take care of your skin? Are there standards of beauty within your own culture that you admit to believing in? I'd love to know in the comments!

2 comments :

  1. I should do more to take care of my skin. In all honesty, I don't wear makeup on a daily basis so it doesn't always occur to me to wash my face every night before bed. I leave my face-wash in the shower so I use it every time I shower, which is usually in the morning.
    My normal face wash is Burt's Bees cleanser and my moisturizer is the Burt's Bees radiance night moisturizer. I use it for day or night because my skin is pretty dry after a shower.

    Anyway, I don't have nearly as many products. I keep everything pretty simple. But as I get older I really should be paying more attention..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly, I honestly wish I were confident enough to leave my home without makeup :( I suppose the reason why I feel "naked" without it is because I've been wearing make-up since I was 14! I actually think it's healthier for our skin to breathe once in a while (no make-up, and less products) so on weekends when I have no plans that involve venturing away from my condo, I will leave my face bare :)

    ReplyDelete

© 2018 finding the glitter. No part of this blog may be reproduced without prior written consent. Powered by Blogger.