Style Diaries: Loz Feliz
D and I are in the midst of planning a trip to the L.A. area at the end of July to visit his older sister and her daughter (our niece is absolutely the most adorable little girl). Being Canadian, I am used to summers that are most likely not as hot as what we will be experiencing in SoCal in July/August, so I am preparing for our trip by doing what I do best: planning my wardrobe. I know for sure that I will not be opting for tight-fitting jeans, and since I am averse to skirts/shorts (I am very self-conscious about my legs because of my massive calves), I knew that these pants (at my all-time favourite Canadian store, Aritzia) had to come with me to L.A. I recently wore them to work, which garnered a lot of positive comments from my female colleagues, proof that it was money well-spent ;)
The last time that I was in the L.A. area was in 2000, when my mom brought my sister and I there to visit her first cousin. During our mother-daughters trip, I was able to travel across the border to Tijuana (Mexico), see Universal Studios, Disneyland, and of course visited Little Saigon (Bolsa Avenue). Some of my bucket list items this time include those same attractions, but I also hope to add a few more choices from this list of free things to do in L.A. (D's favourite compilation), this round-up, and this one. The biggest thing that I hope to come away with from this trip, though, are the amazing memories of meeting my sister-in-law and our niece (mine and my husband) for the very first time, which will hopefully trigger more visits in the future.




So cute! I love this outfit. I can't believe you are self conscious about your legs - they are beautiful!
ReplyDeleteI am so in love with soft pants these days. Those ones are great! I'm doing LA/San Fran next April so I hope you post about all the fun things you do. I'll take notes ;)
ReplyDelete