Glitter Diaries: Balcony Makeover

Tuesday, May 19, 2015 Ivy O 2 Comments

This past Victoria Day long weekend, my parents came from Ottawa to visit me in Toronto. They brought with them the cutest little patio table for my balcony that I had requested to have since they were going to toss it (they have brand new patio furniture in their backyard). Since moving into my current place nearly 2 years ago, I rarely found myself using my balcony, save for those early mornings when my body would refuse to let me sleep in, and I would go out to take in the beautiful sunrises that my East-facing condo affords me. To be honest, the concrete floor was disgusting, and what was supposed to be extra living space was never used as such because of its condition.

My older sister (who is practically my neighbour; seriously, she's across the street from me) found a great solution years ago for her own balcony when she purchased some easy-to-install deck tiles from IKEA. Also, a friend of mine (who is a blogger as well -- check out her amazing site here), recently "decked out" her balcony, and it inspired me to do the same, especially given the new furniture that I was receiving. Thanks to Home Depot, and the easiest-to-install, slate grey deck tiles (pictured above and below), ever, my mom and I had our breakfast out on the balcony this past weekend, and my dad and I enjoyed our afternoon cold brews (of the caffeine variety) out there while taking in the views, too.

Sidenote: I spent the better part of my afternoon yesterday scrubbing the grime off the glass of my balcony doors. Some warm, soapy water, a rag, Windex, and tons of paper towel later, I can see my gorgeous, updated balcony from the inside, too!

2 comments :

  1. I love the update - looks so good. And thanks for the mention you beautiful woman!! We need to scrub our balcony doors ... They are gross! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem, Kimiko! I had to give credit where credit was due! I was totally envious of your awesome outdoor space :)

    ReplyDelete

© 2018 finding the glitter. No part of this blog may be reproduced without prior written consent. Powered by Blogger.