Glitter Diaries: Gone Glamping

Saturday, June 06, 2015 Ivy O 2 Comments

{image via HuffingtonPost}
This weekend, I will be off to a cottage... for the very first time! At 27 years old, I have never, ever had a cottaging experience. I grew up in the Chinatown area in Ottawa where many of my friends were also children of immigrants. Needless to say, there wasn't anyone I knew who was rich enough to own a cottage that they could get away to anytime they wanted. Of course, I eventually met friends whose families owned a cottage, and I have had a few invitations during my teenage years/early 20's, but... strict asian parents. I think that's pretty self-explanatory... Now, as an almost-30 year-old, I can finally experience what it is like camp glamp. 

To say that I am high-maintenance... is completely true. I like having indoor plumbing, the internet, and all of my shower/makeup products. I also do not know how to pack lightly. One must always be prepared for all sorts of weather and occasions! If only my family, friends and hubby felt the same way as I do about it.

My colleague, who so graciously invited a bunch of us young women from our staff to her cottage this weekend, has already warned us that her place runs on a septic, so we are to keep flushing to a minimum (only flush if one of us has to take a... has strong bowel movements) and to throw our toilet paper in to the waste paper basket. Additionally, we are only to shower if we really need to. 

Um... So, I shower. Every night. If I don't, I do not fall asleep. Also, it is a habit for me to flush my toilet paper whenever I'm in need of the ladies room, so it will take some effort to remember that rule. All in all, I am super excited for this experience, but my pessimistic self is imagining being eaten alive by bugs (they seem to love me, and bonus: I am extremely allergic to mosquito bites). I am already predicting that I will somehow forget to throw the toilet paper into the waste bin, and flush it, causing some kind of disaster. Thank god my colleague has a beautiful cottage (from the pics that she has shown me), and I will be with some pretty cool friends and coworkers! We have plenty of food, drink, and fun planned, so here is to hoping that I make it back in one piece!

xx,
Ivy

2 comments :

  1. I am sure you will have an absolute blast. have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a great time at the cottage!!! I love cottaging :) It's such fun. But the toilet paper in a waste basket thing freaks me out for some reason.

    ReplyDelete

© 2018 finding the glitter. No part of this blog may be reproduced without prior written consent. Powered by Blogger.