Travel Diaries: Preparing for L.A.

Friday, June 05, 2015 Ivy O 1 Comments

{image from cupcakesandcashmere.com}
One of my favourite bloggers, Emily Schuman, who writes "cupcakes and cashmere", a blog that I have been following since 2008, created an "Updated Guide to LA" which is getting me more and more excited for my upcoming trip to L.A. Not only will it be the first time that D and I will be going on an actual vacation together, it will be the first time that we actually fly anywhere together, and the first time that we both meet our little niece MM (for me, it will also be the first time I meet my sister-in-law, L!). So many firsts to look forward to! D is well aware of my blog, and even gave me some constructive criticism (I asked for it) when I unveiled the new layout/blog template that I recently chose to upgrade to. As a first (yay, another one!) on "finding the glitter", D will be contributing some posts on our travels as well as a fun project that we will both be a part of this summer. 

Updates about our trip so far:
(1) Our flights are booked! Both of them are direct, to and from Washington, D.C. to L.A., but our return flight is going to be brutal. In order to be more cost-efficient (**cough cough** cheap), we will be taking a red-eye from LAX and landing at 7:30 a.m. Ouf! I do not look forward to that. Plus, D will be expected to report to work at night the very same day that we get back.

(2) We will for sure be staying with D's older sister while in SoCal, but we have decided that we will also stay a few nights in a nearby hotel during our trip, so as to give his sister a bit of space, allowing us a chance to go exploring and to enjoy the city on our own. Since I have family and friends in the area (my dad's younger sister and her family live in Garden Grove, and I have a friend in Huntington Beach), I thought I would try to fit in a visit with them, too.

(3) I am scheduled to fly/drive (have yet to make a decision) into the U.S. early July. We have a "project" that will hopefully be tons of fun to work on since it will be our first one together. Although I am not allowed to disclose too many details about it, I will say that it revolves around the exciting world of filmography! After our project wraps up, we will be busy packing and coming up with loose itineraries for our stay in L.A. with his sister L and our niece MM.

The end of June and all of July promises to be full of fun events, and adventures (secret "project", D's birthday, our dating anniversary, trip to L.A.)! Stay tuned for posts all about this excitement from me and D this summer :)

xx,
Ivy

1 comment :

  1. Super exciting! I'm taking a trip to LA next year so any of these hints and suggestions are super awesome for me to keep track of!! Sounds like you got lots of excitement coming up in the next few months.

    ReplyDelete

© 2018 finding the glitter. No part of this blog may be reproduced without prior written consent. Powered by Blogger.