Style Diaries: Mint to Be

Wednesday, June 10, 2015 Ivy O 2 Comments

The photo above was from my first trip to New York City (it hopefully wasn't my last) in April 2013. My older sister, who works for a big name jewellery brand had a training session at the flagship store on 5th Avenue that month, and as her present to me for my quarter-of-a-century birthday, she spoiled me with round-trip flights from Toronto to NYC, and a fantastic hotel room (that we shared) next to 5th Avenue and Madison, at The Omni Berkshire Place. It was a wonderful experience that I got to have, being able to devour lots of amazing food such as the pizza at John's of Times Square, cupcakes from the Magnolia Bakery (pictured above), burgers and shakes from the Shake Shack (both at Madison Square Park and at Times Square), and being a musical theatre enthusiast, I got to see my all-time favourite musical, The Phantom of the Opera on Broadway. 

During the trip, I wore one of the first items of clothing that I bought in the "mint" shade: a sweater from an H&M in Hong Kong. What I knew at the time was that the colour was "in", but what I didn't realise two years ago, is that I would continue to buy clothing in that colour well into 2015. Although I firmly believe that it will end up being a trend that my future children will see in old photos of me and think: "Ew, mom! Why would you ever wear that colour?!", I will try to enjoy its popularity while I still can. Below are a couple of outfits I've worn that feature something "mint".

2 comments :

  1. Totally cute - a great colour on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love mint as a colour! so funny how the popularity changes so easily though.

    ReplyDelete

© 2018 finding the glitter. No part of this blog may be reproduced without prior written consent. Powered by Blogger.